Tuesday 6 November 2012

Well done to today's presenters



Dear all,

I thoroughly enjoyed the talks this morning and we had one helluva wide range ot topics, brillant!

You were prepared, structured and knew your stuff which is half the battle.

You may have felt nervous, but you delivered without SHOWING any nerves, so bravo to all concerned.

On Monday we will hear talks from Cameron, Denise, Bethany, Nicky, Lucy, Carlos and Jordan.

I hope you found the self assessment form I put together for you helpful as well as my general and specific feedback (assuming you can read my writing). It proably got worse by the time I got round to annotating Scott's sheet!

Whether you presented today or were just listening, I would like you to make comment below on how you thought the session went, what you learned, how YOU fared, what you made of the delivery techniques of others etc.

I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

I will introduce the first assessed presentation brief on the 'how to do' talk next Tuesday which includes a plan that you have to do. The presentation and the plan account for two outcomes which in addition to the 'Digital Books' assessment will make three by Christmas, which is where I wanted us to be.

All the best and well done again,

Mark





5 comments:

  1. Mark,

    Really enjoyed today class, even tho i was really nervous about giving my presentation. It did not feel like i was up there for 5 min.
    Loved the range of topic and learned a new few thing, some that i myself will pursue.
    Untill next time ..... Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You stepped up to the plate first and that was a great way to calm your peers down even if YOU were nervous! I am certain that everybody learned something today, not only the presenters, but audience members, including me! I enjoy delivering feedback like that and it involves the whole class. Assessment may be individual but the process is for all. Hopefully we'll see a few more comments later. Cheers for the post, it starts the ball rolling rather nicely!

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree James. I feel at least like I'll be able to look at the presentation from last week when it comes to the "how to" assessment and hopefully get the timing right. Apart from a few, running over time seemed to be the most common problem. On the plus side, I learned loads from everyone's presentations: new music, art, photography, history etc. Anyone got any ideas for a 'how to...' yet? I was maybe thinking something like 'How to organise a DIY gig'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mark Hetherington12 November 2012 at 21:59

    Interestingly enough Raph, one of the presentations last year was on how to organise a music gig, so there is a precedent! See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great session, great feedback, great experience, thank you!

    ReplyDelete