Tuesday 2 October 2012

Digital books blog discussion

Hi all,

So those of you in attendance this morning will now have read the article by Will Self on digital books and the argument surrounding whether or not this will constitute a threat to writers.

As I have said before, I think I am somewhere in the middle of the argument on digital books (not a stance I take in many other aspects of my thinking) in that I like the idea of feeling the book, annotating if I feel the inclination and displaying texts in bookcases. That said, there is something to be said for storing info electronically in a portable way, ideal for travel which is something that I am very fond of.

So the question is, are you a fence sitter like me on this subject or are do you have a firm view on the subject of digital books?

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this and also what you thought of the assessment from Tuesday, whether it be how you think you fared, the content itself, actually doing the first assessment for me or anything along those lines really. Go on, get typing why don't you!

No specific questions, just a general chit chat. Over to you...

Mark

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading the artical Mark. I see the pro's and con's for digital books personally i would probarly use 1 for uni but as for reading my books i would stick with my books nothing can replace the feel and smell of a book and ofcourse the page turning!

    James

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark Hetherington2 October 2012 at 12:07

    Dzing!

    ReplyDelete