Wednesday 24 October 2012

Honouring Severiano Ballesteros

Dear all,

I have qualified for a golf competition that will be shown later in the year on Sky Sports. If you are around at 10am on Sunday and have the inclination, the scores from the Belfry in Birmingham will be updated live from the course using this weblink: http://uk.vpar.com/live/seveday

You never know, somebody has to win...but somebody also has to come last!

The link to the actual competition and foundation is found at: http://www.seveday.com/

As way of giving you some background information, working with the Seve Ballesteros Foundation for Cancer Research UK, Seve Day is a European-wide charity golf tournament, run by Your Golf Travel, which gives all golfers the chance to play like Seve and be in with a chance of winning a trip for two to the US Masters in Augusta.

Seve Day is the perfect opportunity for all golfers to participate and celebrate one of the sport’s most talented and charismatic players a year after his death. 100% of the registration fee and all net proceeds from Seve Day will be donated directly to the Seve Ballesteros Foundation to help beat brain cancer.

Seve was and still is, a great hero of mine. I entered the competition primarily to swell the funds for the charity, but found out recently that I was one of the 72 players to qualify from an original field of 1,394.

I only found out yesterday that the competition is to be filmed by Sky Sports and will be shown later in the year. I just hope my bad shots are not caught on camera for all to see! So, if you are around on Sunday, log into http://uk.vpar.com/live/seveday and you'll see how I am faring.

I get back around 7am on Monday morning so cannot guarantee that I will be my normal effervescent self in class, but I shall do my best as always!

Have a great weekend all,

Mark



No comments:

Post a Comment